Lamia Bazir was invited to speak an audience of more than 500 youth coming from Morocco, the Netherlands, and Austria. This event was organized by Aisec Morocco in order to catalyze youth’s potential.
In her speech, lamia has emphasized the need to upgrade and update education in order to respond to the aspirations and challenges of our generation. She explained that:
- “School is the space where children spend 2/3 of their time,
- School is where children learn, grow, and shape their future
- School is The beginning, and often the end
- But for the school to be responsive to current challenges, we need a new approach
- for education to play that role we need more than infrastructure or financial resources, we need an urgent and immediate paradigm shift
- Schools are not a building between four doors where children should be repressed and silenced by the density of information passed upon them
- it is supposed to be a space that frees children, unleashes their potential, it should be a space they love, a space they own, a space that gives them a sense of belonging, a sense of worth”
Lamia also emphasized the need for youth empowerment:
- If we are here today to celebrate our potential our opportunities and our future let us not forget that it is not about the lucky few, it is not also about it is mainly about the 50% of the morroccan youth aged between 15 and 29 who are neither in education, employment, or training.
- These are the youth that we need to connect and to connect with.
- Youth need spaces where they can express themselves, spaces where they can create, dream, fail, be heard, be valued, be and belong.